Sunday 21 October 2012

Attention Seeking Disorder

"Who, moi?!" - Trouble, aka The Bubble

As a life-long companion to cats, I have observed their attraction to sitting on newspaper on occasions too numerous to calculate; particularly if their human is reading one in bed. I had always thought it was the satisfyingly crunchy texture, the amusing rustling noises, the nest-y quality, and the fact that, should they deign, they could shred it into confetti on a moment's whim. There is also their predilection for mat-like surfaces and desire to be the monarch of anything new to enter the home.

But no, now that I read my newspapers online, I have discovered that there is nothing they like more these days than to try to lie on my keyboard. The purpose of the exercise is something else entirely after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment